Saturday, April 18, 2009

Worked on my champions a bit

I spent about an hour or two working on my champions today. I started base coating the skin on the other three. Two of them are pretty much done now except for some fine details and their tartans. I still am not sure how to do these, so I may just experiment randomly tomorrow. I'm thinking about going with an orange/brown base, with blue, white and red smaller lines. We'll see how it goes...probably poorly hah!

As a side note, I also had to re-learn how to do armor properly. I completely forgot that I need to wash the silver armor with a black ink/watery base before highlighting. The rediscovery today was funny, but also sad. I wonder what else I've forgotten in the last year!

In other news...I'm really tempted to start up a Cygnar army...I'm not really sure why though...might be all the Mk II talk on the forums. That and I've always thought it'd be nice to have a Warmachine army too.

3 comments:

Nixon said...

I would say, go for the Cygnar Army, You wont regret it... Until Magnus swings by and smack you.

Keep those Champions coming.

/Nicolai (Who is getting Magnus the Warlord ready for MKII)

Scott said...

It's great to see you painting again! Are you thinking of doing more NMM?

Da Troll said...

Not for these guys. My skills really took a dive over the last year, so I think I'll slowly work my way back in.

I've got 3 of the five done now and am hoping to finish the other two sometime either this week or next. This week and the next I'll be pretty slammed with projects, but then I have a week off.

After that I'll start on the KSB and crew, then maybe the Fel Caller. Should be a productive summer of painting for me. :)