Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Starting the Trollblood Warband

I'll be using this blog to chart the progress of my Hordes warband for the Hordes tabletop miniatures wargame, along with any other mini wargame projects I have going like my 40k Tau, and also my Fantasy Orcs and Goblins and Tomb Kings. I'll be posting regular updates as I build each model, paint, and post battle reports too.

So, without further ado, my new Trollblood Warband list:

Doomshaper
^Dire Troll Mauler
^Dire Troll Blitzer
^Troll Axer
^Troll Impaler
Fell Caller
Kriel Stone Bearer (min. squad)

Total: 499pts.

I really wanted to try a list that was beast heavy, and I love the models for the Blitzer and the Mauler. Unfortunately, the model count for this list is pretty low, and I think that it may have some problems against infantry heavy hordes, especially in Warmachine cross-over games. But it should be fun, and I'd rather have an army whose models I like rather than one built purely for game min/maxing. A special shout out to Malveaux on the Privateer Press Forums, who has been a great help in deciding this final list! Thanks!

I currently have the Dire Troll Mauler and Doomshaper, with the warband box and the Blitzer on the way. Pics coming soon!

No comments: