Sunday, June 3, 2007

Grim Angus Gets Some Color



Here are a couple of quick shots of the work I've done on Grim Angus so far. I've finished off his cloak, skin, bandana, and most of the gun. I just need to change the scope clip to a bronze color and do the medallion. Also, I really like the olive green shirt color. It reminds me of military undershirts. I just need to give it a bit more shading so it looks nicer.

So there's not a lot left to do for him. I'm not sure what color to paint his pants though...and I think I may change his backpack colors...it looks too weird with the beige and red/brown. I also don't like how his sleeping roll looks now that I've seen it on photo. Then it's just gloves, net gun, boots, and shoulderpads. He's a ton of fun to paint too because there's all sorts of things on the model that require different styles/skills. For example, while he has a lot of leather, he's still got troll skin, metal pieces on his weapons, cloth shirt/pants/bandana, glass/gems on his rifle and goggles, etc. I'm hoping he'll be done by this time next weekend or sooner.

I'm also going to get someNMM bronze/copper going on his gun and shoulderpads.

Hopefully with a finished paintjob he'll start doing better in games. :)

Oh, by the way, I tried to make his scope have the reddish-orange reflection found in a lot of sniper scopes these days. Here's the reference photo I used:

No comments: