Saturday, June 2, 2007

Grim Angus...don't go where he goes...there's only death there...

So I played another game with Grim today against a Harbinger heavy infantry list. Oof. I think I did a lot worse in this one than the last game. The hordes of Menite infantry totally overran my lines. Most of my beasts were totally ineffective, Alten couldn't hit anything, and the Champions got munched by Vilmon. All in all, it was a really poor showing for Grim and his warband.

The Pyre troll (which I proxied) was kinda neat...but in the end he didn't really do all that much. I didn't really need the animus at all (no jacks to attack) and his flame breath was only mediocre. This army is really giving me fits...I'm just not sure how to play it correctly...either that or Grim just isn't meant to go up against Menoth. :)

Anyway, I'm not gonna give up on him yet...I'm hoping eventually I'll be able to figure something that works. If I can make it to my normal game next Wednesday, I'd like to give my Menoth box set a go for a change of pace. It's been sitting here in my army box for years...should be well aged enough to play. ;)

In other news, folks on the forums seem to like how my Axer came out! I think I'm improving my painting skills slowly but surely, and it's nice to see folks liking how he looks. I just need to deepen some of his shadows, fix some boo boos, and I'm going to call him done. I thought about doing some bronze/copper armor pieces...but I don't want to mess him up...so he'll be the meticulous troll...always keeping his armor nice and shiny.

What I will try though is some bronze/copper armor on Grim's shoulder...that's suitably small enough to experiment on without needing a lot of effort...plus if I mess up, I just paint it black and start over...it's easy at this point since I've only finished his skin so far.

No comments: