Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Ignominious Defeat Against the Menite Hordes!

Just a quick batrep update, I played another game against Broken Zealot's Feora list. We had originally planed to play a 4-way troll bash, but two of the people couldn't play/make it. As usual, I had my standard army. It was a really fun game, quick and brutal. I think it only lasted 3 turns total and as par for the course I had a lot of trouble with the zealots again. Their monolith bearer and the fire bombs really mess me up badly. I really need a trade/tie up unit to deal with them, which I just don't have when going beast heavy.

Overall I think I did do a little better than the last game though. I went straight for the caster assasination this time instead of trying to kill all his troops. On the last turn I went for the assasination with Doomshaper and just missed the kill by 2 hitpoints. In doing so, I had no fury left on me for transfers and so she blasted me in return, killing Doomshaper. As usual though, I forgot to roll my tough roll. Doh. I think I need to write it on my sheet next to his life bar. That way when I go to cross of his last box, I'll remember to roll. Ah well, guess I'm learning the hard way. :)

Terrain wasn't really an issue at all this game, and I almost feel like maybe there should be more terrain on the board to make things more interesting. I almost feel like we're just playing on a wide open field some games. Maybe we just need more toward the middle of the board and less on the outskirts where it doesn't really matter anyway.

The Fel Caller did nothing again as usual. I'm really not liking this guy much, at least against Menoth. The Blitzer was actually really nice today, using his Blitzer gun to take out the Choir leader and the Piper, as well as throw and slam some jacks around. The KSB was totally awesome, and his aura absorbed tons of damage throughout the fight. In the end though, I feel that I just don't have enough models on the board to deal with the hordes of Menites running across the field at me. Broken Zealot did a great job surrounding and outflanking my smaller army. Champions are definitely in order for the next game.

Broken Zealot should have some pictures up of the battle on his blog at some point I think, and you can find it here.

No comments: