Saturday, April 7, 2007

Some work done on the Impaler

I did a little bit of work on the Impaler today. I did the metal armor plates and some more of the leather armor he's wearing. I didn't get to work on him long though...just only about an hour or maybe an hour and a half. For his armor plates I just went back to metallic paints...I'm going to give up on NMM for now I think...it's just out of my ability range at the moment. I may try coming back to it later at some point in the future though...maybe redoing some of these early guys when I have more skill.

EDIT: Ok, after browsing on the PP forums and seeing this picture, I'm inspired to try NMM again with the Impaler. I think I can do the paint techniques, it's just that I have a really hard time with knowing what needs to be bright and what is dark.

And I think I may have found something that will really help me get the right effect, namely this picture, which shows what a vertical "spear tip" should look like. I'm going to try copying this lighting and see if it helps.

No comments: