Thursday, March 1, 2007

Got my copy of No Quarter #11

So, my copy of No Quarter Magazine #11 arrived today at the local game store. This is a great issue for anyone interested in Hordes, especially since they have a preview of the new warlocks and warbeasts coming this summer.

All I can say is, I will definitely be getting a Grim Angus and a Winter Troll. Grim Angus has a ton of movement control spells and special abilities that should allow the Trollblood army to really pick and choose where the fight will happen and who will be fighting.

The Winter Troll just looks awesome rules-wise. His animus is incredibly good. It basically freezes anyone that ends their activation within 2" of it (or whatever your warlock casts it on) for one round. I can definitely see throwing this on whatever I have in my front line and charging right into the fray. Anything that lives and doesn't kill what I have it on is frozen next turn.

Ohh, I just thought of something else. Slam oir knockdown something with one warbeast, then cast Accursed on whatever just got slammed so that all they can do is get up next turn. Then, walk another of my units with the frost animus right next to what was just slammed and Accursed. Instant freeze so that both of the beasts can now wail on them with autohits.

Anyway, I still have to read through the rest of the articles, but there looks like an interesting battle report as well as a pretty good modeling and painting article.

Definitely looking forward to the next issue already too. :)

3 comments:

Msoong said...

Cool blog! I normally plays Flames of War at the GameKastle, but I have a circles army that's currently 1/2 finished but since I hve no regular opponent it's hard to get motivated to finish it. Let me know if you are interested in playing sometime...

Mr Brightside said...

Great blog man. Really enjoying your work.

Da Troll said...

Thanks for the positive comments guys! To Milton, I'd love to get a game going at GameKastle sometime. It'll still be a while before I have a force that can hit the field (maybe 2-3 weeks or so), but feel free to PM Zugbart on the Privateer boards so we can keep in touch to schedule some games. (I don't want to exchange emails here since there are so many bots scanning for addresses now :( )