Saturday, March 10, 2007

Troll Mauler Update - Fixing my mistakes...

So, looks like I may not be able to finish this guy this weekend. What looked like an easy task of finishing the rock protrusions from his skin has turned into a major undertaking. While painting the skin, I painted over several of the black rock protrusions sticking out of his skin. It definitely made blending the large skin surfaces easier, but now I'm paying the price.

I now have to paint black over all the places I covered in blue. Ugh. The problem is that I have to be really really careful not to get black paint onto the skin that the rocks are touching, which means I need to go in with the fine detail brush and carefully paint the border in black. There must be 40-60 of these little rocks all over his body that I need to paint over.

It took me about 2 hours today just painting these little rocks...and I still have to do the ones on his arms and legs. I just can't paint any more for today...my hands keep shaking when I try to keep going, so I think it's time to stop. :)

The good news is I've finished off his finger/toe nails and his loincloth, so this is pretty much all that's left besides his back spines. Also, I've got the rest of my army assembled, based, and primed, so I'll be ready to work on them once I'm done with the Mauler.

2 comments:

Mr Brightside said...

Your Troll is looking good. You inspired me to purchase one and work on it. I'm going to use your blog as a guide, hope it turns out as well as yours.

- Cheers

Da Troll said...

This guy has definitely been a lot of fun to work on, and a really good learning experience for me to boot! I'm flattered that I was able to inspire you to get one as well and hope you have as much with it as I have. :)