Friday, March 9, 2007

Mauler's Face, Take Two

Here's more work on his face. This work took me about an hour and a half. Most of that time was experimenting with the pink and cleaning up some mistakes I made while experimenting.

I've got his eyes done, and I think his teeth are coming along decently. I used Golden Yellow for the eyes. I wanted to have purple eyes, but it just didn't show up very well as his eyes are so small they're literally pin points.

I'll be cleaning up the space in between the teeth and possibly adding a bit more brow/yellow to make them all tartar covered and nastier. I definitely need some darker lines between each tooth to make them look more defined and clean.

Also, I think I finally got the correct shade of pink for the gums. It took me a ton of experimentation, but the color is finally right. I just need to highlight the edges a bit more and they should be set.

I think overall the face is pretty decent looking, but it could certainly be improved still now that I see it magnified. Especially the gums and teeth...it's a bit sloppy. The tusks though came out nicely and are a nice blend from tartar like yellow/brown to white at the tips.

For the teeth I used a base coat of Bleached Bone, washed with Snakebite Leather (the yellow/brown color) and then blended it up to skull white.

So all that's left now is to finish off the spines and rocks protruding from his skin and also his toe/finger nails. I'm really not looking forward to all those rocks, as I've covered some of them in blue skin color, so will have to paint black over them again before I can work on them some more. That's what I get for being sloppy I guess.

No comments: