Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Stuck between a rock...and uh...more rocks...

The cheesey titles for these entries continue! Ok, so I tried to work more on the rocks sticking out of him and just can't get the look right, like the one model on the box. I tried all sorts of browns and just couldn't get the right color. I may just have to go with the more standard grey-highlighted rocks that people ususally do. I really wanted to try those brown rocks though.
Plus, I found out today that my Snakebite Leather Brown paint has gone "flakey" on me. There are these tiny flakes of hardened paint floating around in it, which make it impossible to paint with now. :( This makes me sad because I've had this one bottle since the early 90s? Maybe late 80s. It came in my old school Orks and Eldar paint set I got when I first started painting GW minis back in the Rogue Trader days.

Ah well, I'm amazed that it's lasted this many years...it's probably older than a lot of people that play at the local GW store hah! The other paints in that set are still going strong though! Now if only the new GW paints would last this long.

Some positive news is that I've got the spines well on their way and they should be done tomorrow. So all that's left will be his base and those darn rocks...maybe I'll ask on the forums for some tips.

Sorry no pictures tonight...for some reason I can't pull the pics off the camera right now and it's really late, so I'm going to bed. :)

No comments: