Friday, March 30, 2007

Impaler Skin and Chickens Done

I finished the Impaler's skin today...including his face (but not his eyes yet). I think it came out well and am pleased with the results. I also finished the chickens he has tied to his belt, but they don't quite look right...they don't really look like they're natural. I looked at a photo of our Thanksgiving turkey and I think I need more yellow splotches on it...it's just too evenly cooked the way it's painted.

I also started painting the spear tips...but but stopped because I'm debating whether I should use this opportunity to try doing some really simple non-metallic metal. I've never tried it before, but the best way to learn is to just try so I think I'm going to give it a shot...if it doesn't work out, well I'll just paint over it again. :)

No comments: